Thursday, June 25, 2009

Campo Day 1

Well, we are here!!!

oAfter 2 airplane rides. and a long bus ride, we have arrived. We went up tp a volcano crater on our way here to the camp. Very cool, but very hard to breathe! See video below.

Jeff is in route. Because of the Dominican trip, he is coming a little late.

We are all exhausted due to very little sleep. We had leave for the airport at 3 am. The teens were out at the movies, and many adults were up getting ready. Even the ones who did sleep only got a couple of hours.

Well, I think it is safe to say that everyone is shock. With emotions running high, exhaustion set in, and the sweat pouring well need to settle in. It is the buggy season and the wind is not as strong as we expected. Our meal was yummy when we got here, but the bugs liked it too. Use your imagination!

But that's how we grow. If things were going to be easy, then we wouldn't learn as much. I think on every mission trip I have been on, I have doubted my fitness for the task. But, God knows more than me and I trust that. He has provided us with the necessary skills and we can do this!!

We just need to remind ourselves that God is in control and he will take care of us.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

... Lord, remind us that you chose us to be here and when we are doing your will, only joy can result.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers