Sunday, June 28, 2009

Well, It's a been a few days since I have written! Camp has been quite busy!

Day 3

Kids arrived today. I thought I was going to cry just watching them come off of the bus!
They are between 6 and 10 and absolutely adorable.

I taught the science sessions. Today was "The Planets." Julia was a big help.
Nate and Sam were in a group and rotated around with the kids. At first, the kids thought that Sam was one of them. Even the translators spoke to him in Spanish! He fits right in!!!!
Jeff did not teach, so he was on camera duty.

I am trying to learn names, but there are a lot of them!

Today we ate yummy stew with rice for lunch, rice and beans for dinner! And of course tons of fresh fruit!

The kids loved swimming in the lake. The waves were perfect for the kids, not too strong like the ocean. I had a hard time keeping track of Sam since he looks just like the rest of the kids. At home at the pool, I just look for the darkest kid. But here... not so easy.

We watched "Horton Hears a Who" and had popcorn.

It was a full day, and everyone was ready for bed!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to hear more about he trip. This is going to be a trip the kids remember for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erinn- just found your blog. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers